Sunday, March 16, 2008

More than two months into my journey in US—a bittersweet mixture of emotions has been evoked upon that thought. Like how Robert Frost felt when he took the road less taken and look back and wonder what would have happened if he had taken the other road instead. But one thing I’m sure about is that I had done and would be achieving things I would never think or dream about achieving before here. Maybe it’s how much more we value our time here, since we only have one year here. When you know you gonna lose something soon, you tend to treasure it more.

The week following my birthday had gone extremely well. I simply had a new perspective of the life here, looking at things in a different light. Sometimes I wonder why hadn’t I felt that way earlier. Maybe I was focusing on the closed door in life that I failed to notice the door open behind me. Now that I found it, I gonna make a dash for it before it closes on me. I just felt that my real potential hasn’t been developed fully just yet and I felt thrilled at the thought of the possibility of proving my worth soon.

What have been life changing in my life: My experience at internship— the freedom and responsibility I am bestowed upon; the limitless possibilities that I'm exposed to; my realization of the incredible power of teamwork.

If I could pinpoint one single moment in my last 2 months here that had been exhilaratingly life changing for me, it would be my breakfast encounter with Marc Kramer, my mentor. CH, my boss is right. Behind every successful person, there is a mentor who has guided and motivated her. Marc encourages me to participate in networking sessions, introduces me to successful people whom I would like to meet. He was almost like a godsend, considering that I had just conceived a business idea one week before my birthday. I told him about it and instantly, I was enlightened by his suggestion of how to scale up my business. Like ZJ, he encouraged me to write a biz plan on it and that inspired me to create another milestone for my new business, to win business competition and expand it as quickly as possible in my remaining ten months here.

I think I mentioned it earlier but for the past weeks i really realise the importance of managing interpersonal relationship. But sometimes all it takes is not to worry about it. Sometimes, things will have a way to work out itself.

For those of you who read the newspapers will know about the president candidates coming to Philly to campaign. Some of my friends had asked me about the political climate in US. To be honest, i dunno much about the current situation. From what little I think having Obama as the president will be life changing for the african americans here. Well, at first i wanted clinton cos i think it'll offer a new perspective for U with a lady president. No matter what happened, I just wish the best for the future of America.

No comments: